We are accepting applications for the following positions:
Help Desk Technician - Level 1Performs user support, maintenance, training, installation, and project coordination, as required in the support of assigned systems. Responsibilities include PC setup, application implementation, and rollout; software maintenance; primary contact for hardware and software related issues, concerns, and enhancement requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Researches evaluate, installs, configures, and troubleshoots all hardware peripherals, as well as the equipment necessary to meet integrated systems objectives.
2. Defines and takes proactive steps necessary to avoid problems and minimize or eliminate system downtimes, such as applying necessary patches, service packs, program upgrades or configuration changes.
3. Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems as the primary technical support to users of IHA systems
4. Develops and implements various training and instructional programs for users on the operating systems, networking, applications, and databases, as necessary to meet integrated systems objectives.
5. Works closely with IT Management regarding hardware and network support necessary for software applications, installs new software as directed.
6. Moves IT equipment as needed and ensures that all information delivered to offices, administration, and Business Services is accurate, timely and complete.
7. Works with IT Management and Compliance Officer on HIPAA and PCI compliance pertaining to software information services.
8. Communicates effectively with TCG personnel to ensure coordinated efforts regarding system changes and issues.
9. May lead or guide the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work environment for staff, clients and members by supporting the TCG mission and core values statement
2. Must be able to work effectively as a member of the IT Service Delivery team.
3. Successfully completes "The Customer" training and adheres to TCG's standard of promptly providing a high level of service and respect to internal or external customers.
4. Maintains knowledge of and complies with TCG standards, policies and procedures, including TCG's Employee Handbook.
5. Maintains complete knowledge of office services and in the use of all relevant office equipment, computer, and manual systems
6. Maintains strict client and company confidentiality in compliance with TCG, and HIPAA guidelines
7. Serves as a role model, by demonstrating exceptional ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibilities. Embraces new ideas and respects cultural differences.
8. Uses resources efficiently.
9. If applicable, responsible for ongoing professional development - maintains appropriate licensure/certification and continuing education credentials, participates in available learning opportunities.
EDUCATION: None (preferably an Assoc's. in a computer-related field)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 1 - 3 years of experience in an IT support position
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
1. Broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, multi-level computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
2. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including proper phone etiquette. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
3. Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; courteous and friendly demeanor.
4. Ability to work effectively with various levels of organizational members and vendors.
5. Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints related to system support, upgrades and implementations.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills, specifically as it relates to resolving IT issues.
7. Ability to handle client staff and organizational information in a confidential manner.
8. Successful completion of any competency-based program within introductory and training period.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS:
1. Physical activity that often requires keyboarding and phone work.
2. Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
3. Physical activity that sometimes requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and/or twisting.
4. Physical activity that sometimes requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling under 50 lbs.
5. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
6. Manual dexterity is sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
7. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time in English.
8. Requires the ability to drive to office sites.
MINIMUM ENVIRONMENTAL EXPECTATIONS:
This job operates in a typical office environment which involves frequent interruptions and significant interaction with people which can be stressful at times.